The Mobile Network in 2012.
Global mobile data traffic grew 70 percent in 2012. Global mobile data traffic reached 885 Petabytes per month at the end of 2012, up from 520 Petabytes per month at the end of 2011.
The Mobile Network Through 2017
Mobile data traffic will reach the following milestones within the next five years.
- Monthly global mobile data traffic will surpass 10 Exabytes in 2017.
- The number of mobile-connected devices will exceed the world's population in 2013.
- The average mobile connection speed will surpass 1 Mbps in 2014.
- Due to increased usage on smartphones, handsets will exceed 50 percent of mobile data traffic in 2013.
- Monthly mobile tablet traffic will surpass 1 Exabyte per month in 2017.
- Tablets will exceed 10 percent of global mobile data traffic in 2015.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Mobile broadband - Global mobile data traffic reached 885 Petabytes per month at the end of 2012
Cisco has published its Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2012–2017